[plug] X-Windows MBA

Beau Kuiper ekuiperba at cc.curtin.edu.au
Sat Oct 9 23:42:27 WST 1999

On Sat, 09 Oct 1999, you wrote:
> Beau Kuiper wrote:
>
> > I think it is sad that people cannot take tounge and cheek comments without a
> > disclaimer describing it as a joke. The smiley face ussually says its a joke or
> > a cheekyness if you havn't worked it out yet.
>
> It sounded very patronising, quite frankly.

And telling someone to get stuffed isn't offensive? But I accept that you apoligized (I
send my original reply to the get stuffed message before I read the next
message, shows my stupidity for all to see).

> > BTW, do any of you realize how complicated X can get. Finding documentation for
> > it is not as easy as it sounds, and the documentation is far too technical in
> > nature for someone learning (I have been here, done that) how to program in raw
> > X.
>
> A good reason to query a list to which the informed may be subscribed,
> yes?

The best way I can imagine to learn X is to get a few books and read, practice,
experiment. I learned from a uni course and all the web documentation I have
seen so far is mostly useless to learners :(

About windows MBA: I imagine that windows doesn't support remote graphics
because microsoft didn't want to (Nothing is impossible, only unimplemented) I
imagine networked windows would be slow anyway, all user input for a window
must go through a message loop in the program then back to the server, only to
be sent back to the program as input. Don't quote me on this since I am not a
windows expert though.

Sorry for all those I offend in my clumsy, tasteless posting.

Beau Kuiper
ekuiperba at cc.curtin.edu.au