[plug] Now what was it I installed again??

Chris Griffin chrisg at doladns.dola.wa.gov.au
Tue Oct 12 14:20:43 WST 1999

Thanks to Mike Holland and Michael Hunt.

Much appreciated.

Regards,
Chris Griffin

At 13:16 12/10/1999 +0800, you wrote:
> > >Can anyone out there tell me how can I get a list of the packages I
> > >installed when last I installed this Red Hat 5.2 system?
> >
> > rpm -qa
> >
> > will list all packages installed.
> >
> > regards
> >
> > David.
>
>If you have the kick-start package installed you can issue an mkkickstart
>command to get at kickstart file. This can be used to restore the system
>exactly as installed (minus any post install changes) and will also give you
>your list of rpms.
>
>Very handy for doco as it contains all sorts of useful info not just
>packages.
>
>Michael Hunt

                               \\\___///
                                (  @ @  )
| Chris Griffin, Senior Network Engineer                |
| Email: chris.griffin at mitswa.com.au                    |
| Managed Information Technology Solutions (M.I.T.S)    |
| 1st Floor, Batholomew House, 31 Ventnor Avenue,       |
| West Perth W.A. 6005                                  |
| PH: +61 (08) 9481-4066  FAX: +61 (08) 9481-4064       |