[plug] Wanted: old computer

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Wed Oct 13 04:18:47 WST 1999

> From: Bret Busby <bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au>
> > A neighbour came to me a couple of days ago, looking for a computer that
> they
> > can use primarily for IRC chat sessions on the Internet.
> >
> > The neighbour basically wants a ready to go 486 system (or something that
> is
> > sufficiently powerful) with at least 16MB of RAM, with a monitor,
> keyboard, and
> > mouse, for about $500 maximum The neighbour would like a modem included,
> but if

A few months ago, my daughter bought a P133, 32 Mb, 800 Mb from Austin
Computers for $600, so that's the sort of thing the neighbour should be
looking for at that price. I doubt whether they have another; it was the
secretary's.

486s with 16 Mbytes or more of RAM are likely to be scarce; 4 Mbytes was
the common ammount.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield