[plug] Wanted: old computer

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Wed Oct 13 13:52:27 WST 1999

"Shackleton, Kevin" wrote:

> The remaining 486's I have have 72-pin SIMMs and are 8 or 16 MB.  The older
> ones had 30-pin SIMMs and were usually expanded to 8 MB (8 * 1 MB).  I do
> actually have some 30-pin 4 MB SIMMs but you never seem to see these in the
> field.

Would you be willing to part with these 4mb 30pin simms on a temporary
basis?
I have 4 of them myself, and the work great in a PC, but I'm trying to
put them
in a MAC, and mine won't work. I'd like, If I may, to try yours..
I have been informed by several sources, that any pc ram will work in
this MAC,
but it just does not want to happen.

If I could borrow 4 of them for a couple of days, that would be great..

--
Brad.    /"\
         \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN