[plug] Outlook

Kim Covil kimc at ned.dem.csiro.au
Thu Oct 14 16:58:39 WST 1999

> just problems with my matrox AGP card, windows will not detect
> it.....ive been told to use vmware tools for windows to rectify it but i
> havent managed to find the time to fiddle around with it yet

Windows won't detect it in the VM... it deosn't exist... the VM has its
own video card... which is why you need the vmware tools which contain
the video driver for it...

All vmware virtual machine contain the same basic hardware types...
with the possible exception of the CPU type because that is passed
straight through to the real CPU... all other interactions with hardware
are passed through virtual devices...

Kim

Kim Covil - Australian Geodynamics CRC   E-mail: kimc at ned.dem.csiro.au
            CSIRO Exploration & Mining   Tel: +61 8 9284 8425   ,-_!\
            PO Box 437, Nedlands,        Fax: +61 8 9389 1906  /     \
            Western Australia  6009                            *_,-._/
   Please direct all personal e-mail to kimbotha at it.net.au