[plug] offtopic: waix

Gavin Tweedie tweedie at nw.com.au
Wed Oct 20 15:20:40 WST 1999

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Leon Brooks wrote:
> Matt Kemner wrote:
> > On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Leon Brooks wrote:
> >> What? How can you do that with traceroute?
>
> > Gavin already explained how in a previous answer to this thread.
>
> Fine for checking individual sites; as I understood the question, he
> wanted a list of all sites accessible through WAIX.

Short of doing a full BGP dump and then looking up the associated name
with every single ip which is available via a waix peer, or company
connecting to a waix peer, or a company connecting to a company connecting
to a waix peer.....

What I'm saying is it aint easy - you need to remember that hosting a
website doesnt need a heap of anything, one ip is all thats needed, and
between all the providers in perth there will be tens of thousands of IPs.
Determining what is connected to each ip is no easy job.

Direct connected members can be found at http://www.ix.waia.asn.au

Gavin