[plug] Debian V Redhat for server

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Thu Oct 21 08:39:44 WST 1999

> I never upgraded anything from 2.1, 3.03, 4.0, 4.1 or 4.2. BUT I have heard
> horror stories.

For me 4.0 to 4.2 to 5.0 was fine. Since then I've applied only those
updates I want, and I installed 6 rather upgrading because there was
nothing on the box I wanted to preserve, configurations aside.

All redhat 5.x rpms install on a redhat 5.0 system (subject to upgraded
prerequisites); cheapbytes or equivalent for RHL 5.2 are a handy source of
upgrades for individual packages, but I'd not actually upgrade from one;
not because I think it would be difficult - rather it's a waste of time.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield