[plug] Linux training course ... some elaboration

Garth Atkinson garth at cclinic.com.au
Fri Oct 22 07:18:34 WST 1999

Dear Mark

Knowing a tiny bit about the people who intend to run this course, and a
tiny bit about what they intend to teach through the course, the price
of $100.00 is, as Mike Holland pointed out, a (fantastic) bargain.
Warren Duff made the comment that this course will cost him 2/3 of the
amount of his austudy allowance. I assume he means a weekly or
fortnighly allowance. This makes the course an absolute winner for him,
one that he can afford no problems, and one that he will benefit
tremendously from (sorry - I mean earn slabs of beer). And he gets lunch
too??? What a bargain!!!

Garth
ps I think knowing linux is a mindset, know the basics and you know all
(or soon will), unlike various MS os's where no matter how competent you
are with software/hardware/transistors/etc you can be reduced to a
blubbering mess (read format/re-install). Caveat : Although linux
administration will teach users more about PC hardware than a MS os
will, users should look to other areas for a fuller understanding of
hardware issues/problems.