[plug] pppd

lloy0076 lloy0076 at senet.com.au
Sun Oct 31 11:54:35 WST 1999

PPPD debugging:

************************

/etc/ppp/options

*should contain:

debug
kdebug 4

/etc/syslog.conf

*should contain

daemon.debug /var/log/daemon
local2.debug /var/log/local2

**************************

All TCP/IP headers, LCP acks and everything will be logged to
/var/log/daemon. A similar but condensed story will be logged to
/var/log/messages. The particular logs you haev indicate to me that the
init chats have failed. You will need to ensure that you can see EXACTLY
what is being sent through and from to work out whose init chat has
failed.

An init chat failure has nothing to do with PAP or any other
authentication. Most of the time UNIX or Linux systems will present
login: and expect a user name. They'll then present passwrod: and expect
a password. It looks like the login and expect pairs aren't working
correctly.

DAVID L