[plug] Re: disk imaging a la ghost

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Wed Sep 1 09:43:39 WST 1999

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Chris Cornish wrote:

> Ghost will actually do the same with linux's EXT2 filesystem as it will
> with any file system. This is becouse it is a file system independant

Hi Chris,
glad to hear it supports EXT2, but are you sure its file system
independant? If so, how can this be possible? Wouldnt it need to change
all the cylindar/sector numbers etc inside the filesystem?

A web page for Ghost is:
http://www.symantec.com/region/reg_eu/product/ghost/
and i see they do a "try before you buy".

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
	I had no shoes and I pitied myself.  Then I met a man who had no
	feet, so I took his shoes.
	                -- Dave Barry