'phonepatch' h323 proxy RE: [plug] Fwd: Telstra Virtual Second Line

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu Sep 2 11:14:25 WST 1999

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Michael Hunt wrote:

> Yes I believe an open source effort is being lead by a local company
> (Australian anyway) called equivalance. You can read up about it on there
> web page at http://www.equival.com.au

Thanks Michael. I see they started the "Open H323" project.
 But meanwhile they have a commercial product "phonepatch":

http://www.equival.com.au/phonepatch/index.html

For anyone else who is interested, it runs on your Linux (or other)
internet-connected PC, and acts like a proxy for Netmeeting etc.
Presumably you could run Netmeeting in Vmware.
3 minutes free limit, or 1 month free trial, or $50.

I'm amazed to discover that Microsoft NetMeeting, Netscape Conference and
Intel Internet VideoPhone actually use _standard_ protocols.
Has Netscape ever said they will port 'Conference' to Linux?

>> I'd be happy if Netmeeting would work over ip-masquerade. Anyone know
>> if thats possible? (with some sort of UDP redirection, I guess)

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
	I had no shoes and I pitied myself.  Then I met a man who had no
	feet, so I took his shoes.
	                -- Dave Barry