[plug] Article about impending Linux supremacy

Peter Caffin pc at it.net.au
Sun Sep 5 21:49:16 WST 1999

Greg Raftery wrote:
> I personally believe that people who think
> they are clever because they know what RTFM means and think that
> people who don't know where to look are idiots and not worthy of
> posting on the list need to have a good hard humble look at
> themselves.

*grin* Yes, probably quite true. However, there are an awful lot of
problems whose solutions can be found with something simple like `grep
[term] /usr/doc/*/*` or a quick search on Altavista and/or Dejanews.

There needs to be a middle-ground at which we're not spoonfeeding people
but also giving assistance where the existing documentation is incomplete,
misleading or dodgey. </2c>

 _oo__ |_|_ |__  _ |  _ |_|_o _  pc at it dot net dot a u |
/                 PO Box 869, Hillarys WA 6923, AUSTRALIA |