[plug] Beastie Linux Server ...

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Mon Sep 6 14:23:38 WST 1999

I recalled on Tony Nugent recently told me about a Big Box he has, so I
asked him to remind me:

It's is a dell poweredge.  Beautiful system, highly recommend them.
The one we have here is a 2300, but you can get 4300s and 6300s.

Oh, these are server boxes.  The clients we have are the Precision
range, the 210 model.  But you can also get 410s, even better.

But you get what you pay for.  Depends on how much they want to spend.

See the "certified systems" pages at http://www.redhat.com/support/
for some of the details about all these systems, as well as
http://www.dell.com and http://www.dell.com.au

RedHat (and windong variants) all run very well on these boxes.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield