[plug] SQL Servers

Paul Baumgarten paul at kcc.wa.edu.au
Thu Sep 9 09:58:46 WST 1999

I'm looking for SQL database servers that run under Linux.  I know that
there is always freebie options like PostgreSQL and MySQL however from what
I have heard these packages won't cope with running a medium sized
organisation such as a school.  At the same time we can't afford the $20K
plus for something like Oracle.  Something for up to a few thousand is OK
though.  What ever solution we get needs to be pretty much fully compatiable
with the SQL standard.

Since I _really_ don't want to build an NT box with MS SQL Server to run the
database we are looking at purchasing I would appreciate hearing of what
Linux options are floating around.

Paul Baumgarten (email: paul at kcc.wa.edu.au)
Information Systems Manager
Kingsway Christian College