[plug] SQL Servers

Garth Atkinson garth at cclinic.com.au
Thu Sep 9 19:45:20 WST 1999

Hi Paul

Go with Postgres. It has commit and rollback, which MySQL doesnt have.
MySQL might be faster than Postgres but who cares! BTW MySQL is verrryy
fast at simple queries, but its SQL is pretty restricted and the
developers have 'cut a lot of corners' to boost performance. Also
Postgres is GPL I think and MySQL is not (?).

FWIW There is a lot of energy behind Postgres, maybe more so than with
MySQL.

Garth