[plug] IDE Hard drive not detecting

Christian christian at global.net.au
Fri Sep 10 15:21:31 WST 1999

John Breen wrote:

> I used to have this very problem with my old 386.  You can add a line to
> your initial LILO (or put in a boot time parameter) to tell it about the
> HDD.  From memory, it's
>
> hdb=<C>,<H>,<S>
>
> (Assuming it's going to be hdb)
>
> You should only need this once, after that Linux should "remember"...

As mentioned in my original email, I had already tried this with no real
luck.  But thanks anyway. :)  Thanks also to everyone else who made
suggestions.  In the end I swapped the CDROM and HDD around and
everything seems to work fine with that configuration.

Regards,

Christian.

--
Newton's Little-Known Seventh Law:
	A bird in the hand is safer than one overhead.