[plug] 2.2.12 and apm/lpr

Kenworthy Family billk at opera.iinet.net.au
Sat Sep 11 15:57:59 WST 1999

Hi,
    I have moved to kernel 2.2.12 on a redhat 5.2 system and after
fixing most of what broke (mostly by misconfiguration),  I am left with
being unable to power off the atx power supply on halt as did 2.0.36.
Tried a number of combinations of bios and apm settings as well as the
same as the original 2.0.36 settings which still work - sick of
recompiling the kernel for this one.

    Also am unable to print to lp or use lpr but staroffice and xfig
print fine (samba print queue to windoze box).  System settings look ok,
only the kernel and required rpms were used, nothing that appears to
affect lp/lpr.  Only occasionally use it from the command line but its
handy when needed - anyone got any ideas?

BillK