[plug] Linux decent gaming platform ???

Oliver White ojw at iinet.net.au
Mon Sep 13 22:40:04 WST 1999

James Tan wrote:

> I haven't seen any games on Linux since I'm rather new to it and I
> do most of my gaming on Win9x.  I'm aware that Linux does support
> some games like Quake but I haven't seen a single game on it.
> Can anyone let me know whether Linux is going to take off as a
> gaming platform in the near future or does it require lots of
> up-to-date hardware ?

I've been playing Civilisation III on my linux box, it's probably the
first major game to be ported. I can see the platform taking off as a
games OS for power users who want the best from their hardware, and
can't stand to have their box crash while battling the great guttersplat
monster of Zahl. ;-)

--
Oliver White