[plug] Window position

Christian christian at global.net.au
Fri Sep 17 19:10:52 WST 1999

Christian wrote:

> Mike Holland wrote:
>
> >   This is assuming  Window Maker isnt doing anything nasty and over-riding
> > the default X behaviour.
>
> This implies that you can configure Window Maker directly (and probably
> more easily) to do pretty much the same thing...  I couldn't tell you
> exactly how off the top of my head but maybe one of the WM conf/prefs
> programs will do it else maybe there's some config file somewhere.

To prove Oli isn't the only one who can reply to his own post... ;-)

Try /usr/bin/X11/WPrefs.  It allows you to specify the origin (and the
behaviour for any additional windows relative to that origin) for new
windows.

Regards,

Christian.

--
Sharing of software was not limited to our particular community; it is
as old as computers, just as sharing of recipes is as old as cooking.