[plug] DHCPD Ver 1 and WinNT 4

Michael Hunt Michael.J.Hunt at usa.net
Sat Sep 18 12:20:32 WST 1999

Garth,

Well I am running Rh 6.0 (2.2.x Kernel) and DHCPD 2 something or other
(default package). Works a treat with my Win 9x and Win NT 4.0 machines.

Note the 2.2 kernel doesn't require a 255.255.255.255 route installed (as
per the DHCPD instructions).

Also check that if you assign an address manually to the machine you have
communications. I know it may sound like stating the obvious, but your
problem could always be physical cable, network card driver, hub,
terminators etc. (Sorry Garth I know you have probably already checked
this).

Michael Hunt