[plug] Running Qmail

Christian christian at global.net.au
Sun Sep 19 11:57:27 WST 1999

Russell Steicke wrote:

> I think Greg was on the right track with this.  Setting uid and gid is
> something that only root is allowed to do, unless you have a suid binary.
> So it would make sense that /usr/local/bin/setuidgid would have
> permissions like rwx------, ie only executable for root.  In the script
> you have two invocations of setuidgid one after the other.  The first one
> is probably succeeding, ie it is becoming the user qmaill, and then the
> second one fails.  My guess would be to get rid of the first setuidgid in
> the pipeline.

Without really knowing what you're talking about I would suspect that
the permissions for "/usr/local/bin/setuidgid" might be root:root
rws------ instead of rwx------.

Regards,

Christian.

--
The human mind is designed to win arguments; it is used to justify
actions at all costs. It is not designed to seek the truth.