[plug] PC World and SuSE 6.2

Christian christian at global.net.au
Sun Sep 26 17:25:01 WST 1999

"Rick (VK6EP)" wrote:

> According to the blurb that comes with the CD, there is supposed to be a
> complete document on the CD, in text, postscript and pdf format. I've found
> the text and what I assume is the postscript. I can't find a pdf file
> though. There is a file with the extension of DVI. Anyone know what sort of
> file that is??

DVI is a device independent file - LaTeX outputs them (from which they
are often converted into PostScript for printing).  You can use xdvi to
view them. Why don't you just use gv to look over the PostScript
documentation?  Linux's support for PostScript tends to better than its
support for PDF. :)

Regards,

Christian.

--
While most peoples' opinions change, the conviction of their
correctness never does.