[plug] linux/hardware drivers.

Scott, Simon Simon.Scott at SEALCORP.com.au
Mon Apr 10 13:42:05 WST 2000

There may not be drivers. Most internal pci modems are winmodems, and unless
the company has released specs, there is little chance a driver exists. I
think there are about 2 internal modems that are not 'winmodems'. You might
be lucky.

Secondly, there are also windows only printers. Half of the hardware is
emulated in software. Again, if no specs are released its a no go for linux.
I remember a friend who had one, and it was a lexmark....

Good luck!

>  Simon Scott
>  DBA
>  Sealcorp Holdings Limited
>  Perth, WA
>  e-mail:  simon.scott at sealcorp.com.au
>  phone:  08 9265 5648
"A computer without a Microsoft Operating System is like a dog without
bricks tied to its head."