[plug] Merging 2 files, CVS-style

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu Apr 13 13:43:31 WST 2000

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Nick Bannon wrote:

> I think your problem is tricky - the way CVS works is that it has _three_
> files to compare - two plus a common ancestor. If the ancestor and

Quite right, but gee guys ... you'll kick yourselves.

% man -k merge
merge (1)            - three-way file merge
%man merge

DESCRIPTION
       merge  incorporates  all  changes that lead from file2 to file3
into file1.  The result ordinarily goes into file1.
       merge is useful for combining separate changes to an original.
Suppose file2 is the original, and both  file1  and
       file3 are modifications of file2.  Then merge combines both
changes.

Does this work? Hope that helps.

Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--