[plug] Problems with Mandrake 7.0

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Fri Apr 14 12:22:40 WST 2000

Len,
can you clarify a bit? Its hard to answer with anything but more Qs.

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000 lenbird at iinet.net.au wrote:

> it.  The Sound Card is an Ensonic  card which claims to be able to do a

which one? What did you try? Which docs have you read?

> Windoze System, but to no avail.  Asking Creative about this brings the
> usual ---we do not support--- routine

Huh? Why would they support a competing product ?

> 2. If I log-on to the Internet using Netscape 4.7

This doesnt make sense. Netscape is a browser. Perhaps you use "kppp" to
connect to your ISP and the net?

> and want to access another program, it is not possible.

 What are you talking about? Access on the net? Are you saying Netscape
locks? The WM locks? You cant download?

> 3. Sometimes when attempting to download a .pdf file from the net, the
> system simply locks up
> solid, and requires a power down reboot.

Define "system locks up solid" - cant telnet in? cant ping?
X ignores input? Screen freezes?

> Any or all suggestions will be gratefully received,

Hopefully this will get you closer to being able to get an answer.

Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--
"A dirty mind is a joy forever."
-- Randy Kunkee