[plug] Non Magic or Linux question

Peter Crystal darke at indigo.net.au
Sat Apr 15 22:09:15 WST 2000

On Sat, Apr 15, 2000 at 09:27:19PM +0800, Robert Andrews wrote:
> Hi all I have a small prob that someone may have the answer to
> files on my comp Win98
> that end in *.ICO have somehow been associated to always open with
> HalfLife
> I need to know what program is normally used to open a ICO file I know
> the codeing is embedded in the ICO to tell it what program to open but
> there must be another program to read and execute the ICO script or
> whatever.

ICO files are just simple bitmaps.

the ICO gets associated with a 'link' to another program. More or less
what Micro$oft call a 'short cut'.

If you want to edit these icons, install imagemagick and convert it
from .ico format to something useful like PNG

peter
email   : darke at debian.org || darke at indigo.net.au || darkewolf at cyberpunks.org
url     : http://cyberpunks.org/darke/homepage.phtml
url     : http://walledcity.sourceforge.net/
gpg key : http://cyberpunks.org/keys/darke_gpg.asc

Programming , Webdesign, AI theory, Paranoia, System Administration,
Network Design, Problem Solutions

  A disciple of another sect once came  to Drescher as he was eating his
morning meal. "I would like to give you this personality test", said the
outsider, "because I want you to be happy." Drescher took the paper that
was offered him and put it into the toaster, saying: "I wish the toaster
to be happy, too."