[plug] offtopic: cheap laptop ($1999) in saturdays west

Peter Wright pete at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Wed Apr 26 15:48:13 WST 2000

Can't help :), but just thought I'd comment...

On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 03:40:20PM +0800, Bevan Broun wrote:
> Note: A friend has $1800 for the repair of her laptop's screen. It's a
> pentium 133 with 16MB. I thought we might be able to spend that money
> better on a new machine.

Yeeesh.

You'll probably be pushing it to beat the prices Rio Tinto were
shoving out laptops for in their last selloff. I got a Toshiba T4900CT
laptop - pentium 75 I think, 32M RAM, 800M HD (in perfectly good
condition), for....  $50.

Sweeeeeet.

> BB

Pete.

PS. Although it _was_ lacking a power supply, but oh well, you can't
have everything. :)
--
http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~pete/

--
        **  Hello and Welcome to the Psychiatric Hotline **
If you are obsessive-compulsive, please press 1 repeatedly.