[plug] Suggest a good Linux book

James Tan shishio at dingoblue.net.au
Thu Aug 3 07:43:28 WST 2000

Sorry this post might have been done many times before but can someone please
recommend a non-idiots book that will take a newbie[to Linux but not to windoze]
from beginnerhood to fruitfulness.  A book that has many real-world practical
examples and tutorials, covers much of which is done in courses, and [most importantly]
is easy to read [no man pages documentation].  There should be plenty to choose from but
I only need one book for now.  I'm thinking of trying Rellim Bookstore in the city but should I
also try other large department bookstores like Dymocks ?

Thanks in advance.
James