[plug] Suggest a good Linux book

Jonathon Bates batesy at rave.iinet.net.au
Thu Aug 3 10:33:40 WST 2000

On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, James Tan wrote:

> Sorry this post might have been done many times before but can someone please
> recommend a non-idiots book that will take a newbie[to Linux but not to windoze]
> from beginnerhood to fruitfulness.  A book that has many real-world practical
> examples and tutorials, covers much of which is done in courses, and [most importantly]
> is easy to read [no man pages documentation].  There should be plenty to choose from but
> I only need one book for now.  I'm thinking of trying Rellim Bookstore in the city but should I
> also try other large department bookstores like Dymocks ?

Hi James,
The Dymocks down in the Hay St Mall is pretty dam good. They have quite  a
few good books. I found Linux servres 24 (or something like that) quite a
good learning book. But prolly more for the admin sides of things...

Cheers
Batesy
--
Jonathon Bates
"No pain is worse than that of giving in."