[plug] Why not GPL it ? [was Intellectual Property]

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu Aug 3 13:50:18 WST 2000

On Thu, 3 Aug 2000 bburns at erggroup.com wrote:

> If anyone can find an open source project that pays me -- I'd be very
> interested!!!!

It doesnt need to be an "open source project" as such. It could be an
in-house project, but you publish the source on the net. Tell the boss it
gets good publicity, and maybe some free improvements.

> turning a profit - so the only work availalbe is for companies that
> want to sell propriety - ie close source - software.

Lots of companies make software they have no intention of selling. It
could be for internal use, or to support hardware they sell.

> PS: Can anyone compile my ants?
> www.bburns.ic24.net/bin/ants.tar.gz

Yes, just yesterday! I had to create a link at /usr/include/qt to
../lib/qt-1.45/include/ , and it worked then. How about adding some little
animated ant graphics, and variable 3-D perspective? :-) Havnt looked very
far into it yet.

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--