[plug] Why not GPL it ? [was Intellectual Property]

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Thu Aug 3 13:56:48 WST 2000

Christian wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 01:14:43PM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
>
> So basically you don't get Free software at all?  The point is not
> price, it's freedom.  I'd suggest reading some of the philosophical
> pages at www.gnu.org.

Yes, we do.

For clarification, I wasn't trying to make a point like "we are
wonderful people, because we always pay for software". I was trying to
make the point that, in some instances, it may be appropriate to pay,
and, in some to not pay. It is all a matter of philsophy.

I thought that I had covered some of the philosophy.

Is it just freedom? Isn't responsibility and liability, involved? (Where
the software is modified, who is responsible for the effects, and any
subsequential defects (which may or may not be consequential), and, who
is to determine whether the defects are consequential to the
modifications, etc?)
--

Bret Busby