[plug] Intellectual Property

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Fri Aug 4 13:34:39 WST 2000

Bret Busby wrote:
> alan howard wrote:
>> several years ago I designed a ultra low THD Linear UHF power
>> amplifier for digital TV during my spare time at home.

> The same principle applies; it applies to any work done, regardless of
> whether it is software development or bricklaying.

> From my understanding, the work is owned by the employer by whom were
> employed at the time.

Which in this case would be one Alan Howard, since he did it at home on
his own time.

Not that it matters, Alan is being paid to do the work, not to transfer
ownership of his personal expression as embodied in the work. Nobody has
yet tried to call welding a mode of self-expression, else some renegade
boilermakers might be off up to the NW shelf to subpoena their efforts.
Silly, yes, but legally true.

--
Other than that, Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?