[plug] Proftpd Permission Denied

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Sat Aug 5 10:52:12 WST 2000

On Thu, Aug 10, 2000 at 06:27:58AM +0800, Phil wrote:

> Hi There
>
> I'm using Proftpd on one account you try and ftp in
> it lets you login in but will not let you upload anything just comes up with Permission Denied
> I have tryed chmod 755 on the dir but it still wouldn't let me upload anything
>
> has anyone got any ideas why?

Are you trying to upload files that are already there?  Last time I used
it the default was to deny overwriting files.  You can change this by
editing the configuration file and restarting it.  Read the docs on the
web site if you're not sure how.  If it's something else then the answer
is still probably in the documentation.

Regards,

Christian.