[plug] OS/2 Warp 4

Kai vk6ksj at siwa.com.au
Mon Aug 7 02:26:36 WST 2000

Sorry this is off topic (in the limited time I have between Uni and work
I can't find an OS/2 User group.) but does anyone know why the
version off APC Mags July edition of OS/2 Warp 4 does not want to
install on my AMD K6-2 400 ?

I have created the boot disks and that, I can boot as far as the secon
screen that says "Please insert disk 2 and press enter".
I do that, but about 10 or 15 second after I hit enter I get a
"beeeeeeep" which won't stop until I reboot my machine and message
saying
that OS/2 could not operate my HDD. To check that this wasn't because of
space, I repartitioned my 6 Gig Linux drive and put 2 gig of space
for OS/2 onto it....and the installer STILL says it can't operate my
HDD. I have looked for and downloaded some patches that are supposed
to be for supporting large disks (above 400 Megs) but nothing's worked.

Anyone got any ideas? I really wanna try OS/2 and see what it's all
about.
FYI: I have BeOS 5 off the same CD installed on this machine and it
works no worries. =)

/Kai