[plug] Internet Gatewaying

John Breen jbreen at wn.com.au
Mon Aug 7 08:44:55 WST 2000

I've got my dialup access working properly (thanks to Tony and others
on the list...)

Now, I want to use the Linux box as an internet gateway (like Wingate
used to do when my Winblows machine didn't have a WinModem).  I've
read all the documentation I can lay my hands on, including the three
books I've got - one of which is specifically about RH.  I've
recompiled the kernel, and set up the IP firewalling rules with
ipwadm (which calls ipchains).  I've set up the windows machine to
use the Linux box as its default gateway for TCP/IP, rebooted
everything to get all the stuff to register correctly and...

I still can't see the net from the Windows box.  Have I missed
something here that I need to do?  Help!