[plug] Apache help

Colin Muller colin at durbanet.co.za
Wed Aug 9 07:26:47 WST 2000

Leon Blackwell wrote:
> Squid will happily do the URI whitespacing, so why not use it in
> accelerator mode infront of your webserver?  With luck, it will
> interpret the %20-less requests and tidy them up before passing
> on to Apache.

Unfortunately, any space-containing hrefs within the documents will
break in standards-conformant browsers. Try this in Netscape - it will
cut the "me/please/" off and ask for the URL only up to and including
"test":

http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/test me/please/

Not that I'd suggest Netscape is more widely standards-conformant.

As someone else suggested, the best solution is to educate the users -
although I too have a basic Perl script for this if anyone wants it.

Colin