[plug] re; mail messages

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Tue Aug 8 16:22:12 WST 2000

On 8 Aug 2000 jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au wrote:

> Under /var/spool/mail a user has a file that is 2.4M large, from what
> they told me they can not send mail out.  Seems the client software is
> hanging the e-mail, their server connects to IINet and of course the
> e-mail isn't getting through.  Can I rename or delete their file in
> the /var/spool/mail location so they can send e-mail? Any idea what I
> should do next.

I'm not quite clear what you mean. A local /var/spool/mail shouldnt have
any connection at all to outgoing mail.
  Outgoing mail is spooled in /var/spool/mqueue .
Is the partiton full?

I do remember problems with iinet rejecting mail for users because a lock
file was left on their mail file. The lock had to be deleted manually by
the admin.

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--