[plug] GUI vs text mail readers

darkewolf darke at indigo.net.au
Thu Aug 10 17:47:05 WST 2000

On Thu, Aug 10, 2000 at 05:25:41PM +0800, Mike Holland wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, xxxxx wrote:
>
> > Is there a GUI version of pine now?
>
>  [sigh].  Mail is a textual medium.  <rant>
>
> Pine does mime, html etc. You can view attached images easily.
> Its faster to display and control and any WIMP system. You can use a mouse
> to point-and-drool if you really must.
> </rant>
>
>   Ok, I'm a CLUE snob. Why? We all use netscape and not lynx for web.
> But am I a dinosaur for preferring a text-based mail reader?
> Why do some people refuse to consider one?

the best solution is use Gnus or wanderlust in an emacsen and w3 for
web browsing :)

it works in a xterm, console, and X Window System :)

peter 'darkewolf' crystal
--
email   : darke at debian.org || darke at indigo.net.au || darkewolf at cyberpunks.org
url     : http://cyberpunks.org/darke/homepage.phtml

Programming , Webdesign, AI theory, Paranoia, System Administration,
Network Design, Problem Solutions

  A disciple of another sect once came  to Drescher as he was eating his
morning meal. "I would like to give you this personality test", said the
outsider, "because I want you to be happy." Drescher took the paper that
was offered him and put it into the toaster, saying: "I wish the toaster
to be happy, too."