[plug] Routing problem (I think)

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 10 20:51:06 WST 2000

List,

I have 2 machines on a local network (along with some
others). One is RH6.0 and has been correctly set up
for several months. The other is a RH6.2 box which I'm
just putting together.

They both connect to the 192.168.0.0 subnet and have
192.168.0.1 as their gateway.

Now, when I try to connect to a machine on the network
from the newly setup one (which is 192.168.0.5), it
can't seem to connect.

Ping comes up with "destination host unreachable",
traceroute has similar errors.

Both have hostnames, routing, etc set up identically
except for the ip address and hostname of that
machine. Hence ifconfig, route, etc give identical
outputs (except for IP).

Any ideas what I've forgotten?

TIA, Andrew

=====
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?