[plug] GUI vs text mail readers

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Fri Aug 11 14:40:41 WST 2000

billk at iinet.net.au wrote:

>>> who APPEARS competa[^He]nt, and ["]with it["] to such management?
>>> - are you willing to bet your carr[^H]eer on being a dinosaur?

>> _And_ they usually come with spellcheckers... (-:

> Hmm - blame iinet webmail2 - they are characters I deleted (note the ctl-H
> characters) as I was typing and they didnt show before I sent it off!

No, they are editing marks added by Leon. (-: If they'd been added by
webmail2, it would have been your browser wot dunnit, because iinet's
webserver wouldn't normally see any editing you do within your browser
until you hit Submit. I have been afflicted with an English teacher for
a mother.

--
If life is merely a joke, the question remains: for whose amusement?