[plug] star office reboots my system!

navarre at plug.linux.org.au navarre at plug.linux.org.au
Tue Aug 15 17:42:12 WST 2000

Hello Jason

Whilst I have not used the StarImpress part of Staroffice I do use
StarOffice as my email package and to generate text files, view image
(pictures) thumbnails and a few other things. I have not experienced any
form of lockup or other nasty things. I have found the program to be
stable but slow, I seem to have too small a swap file and this brings the
web browser operation to a crawl, it does the job but slowly.

Navarre

On 8/12/00, 2:30:02 PM, Jason Nicholls <jason at mindsocket.com.au> wrote
regarding [plug] star office reboots my system!:

> G'day All,

> Just a question - has anyone using Star Office 5.2 experienced any
troubles?

> I was using StarImpress (Presentation module) which locked up my system
on the
> night before the Plug meeting. A full lockup, because the system wouldn't
> respond to ping, couldn't telnet (ssh) in etc...

> Just earlier I was trying to use StarImpress again, this time to read the
> presentation Rasterman (Enlightenment window manager) gave recently.
Again, it