[plug] fetchmail and postfix

russ russ at powerstech.com
Tue Aug 15 11:35:14 WST 2000

Christian wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 12:21:02PM +0800, russ wrote:
> Ok, it looks like you're way off track here.  Firstly, there are two
> mail servers, right?  The world-visible server (your ISP's) which just
> knows that anything sent to a given domain goes to a particular mailbox.
> This is really easy to configure under Postfix but, if I'm understanding
> things right, this isn't your problem -- just make sure your ISP has
> configured it right.  Now, is bammbamm your ISPs server?  If so, they
> haven't configured things yet.  If it's your server then it looks like
> something is going amiss with fetchmail although it's a bit hard to tell
> without some details.  If I'm totally off-track with what's happening
> (and supposed to be happening) here then perhaps you could more fully
> describe the situation...

bammbamm is my server. I think it's working now. I had to add localdomains to the .fetchmailrc file
to get multidrop working. Found that mentioned in the fetchmail FAQ I think.

So it started working. At least last night. This morn I booted up and it doesn't want to play. :(

Probably need to work on my ip-up script.

Thanks for the help.