[plug] re; GW and Linux relay

jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Thu Aug 17 07:33:03 WST 2000

I'm having a problem setting up RH61 to act as a relay for a GroupWise setup.
The local lan uses GW5.5 they have a Linux server that is currently using sendmail and they are making the change to GW, but want to keep Linux in place as a firewall and other services.  They are moving away from Apache as well in favor of Netscape and some other features.
The problem is in the GWIA (GroupWise Internet Agent) during the install it asked for the DNS and a hostname.  This was supplied and it complained about being able to find the Internet.  I suspect there is an anti-relaying set in Linux.
How or where do I look for this (eg which file controls the relaying)?

Thanks

Jon

Jon L. Miller
Novell MCNE