[plug] fetchmail and postfix

Steve Baker sbaker at icg.net.au
Thu Aug 17 09:19:48 WST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott, Simon" <simon.scott at sealcorp.com.au>
To: <plug at plug.linux.org.au>
Sent: Thursday, 17 August 2000 9:05
Subject: RE: [plug] fetchmail and postfix

> ok, so answer me this.
>
> If I have a single pop account (me at somewhere.com) how does fetchmail
> seperate to different users?
>
> "To define recursion, we must first define recursion."
> >  Simon Scott
> >  DBA
> >  Sealcorp Holdings Limited
> >  Perth, WA
> >  e-mail:  simon.scott at sealcorp.com.au
> >  phone:  08 9265 5648
> >               0438 917 845

ISP sets up a mail domain so that all mail to the domain is delivered to a
single mailbox.

You run fetchmail, it looks at the 'To:' header for each message, delivers
it to the correct user on the local server.

Works pretty well most of the time, only a problem sometimes with some
mailing list configurations where the 'To' address is munged.  In those
cases sometimes fetchmail can use X-Envelope-To: (if I remember correctly)
to still have a go at determine the correct address.

Steve
--
Steve Baker
Principal Associate