[plug] Gut modem für Linux? [those blinking lights again]

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Fri Aug 18 13:26:06 WST 2000

Mike Holland wrote:
> Am Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Len Bird schreiben:
>>> External modems are generally safer, plus you get das
>>> blinkenlights to watch.
>> Surely Die Blinkenlights---it is plural!!!!
> Mein Gott, das ist die Blinkenlichter, Dummkopf!

Do you use Babelfish often? (-:

"Herr Assassin" is right. Das blinkenlighten ("dass blinkenlich<hawk,
spit>tenn." There is a really good (and funny) essay somewhere on the
net about German verbs, which I've read, so I should know better.

--
If life is merely a joke, the question remains: for whose amusement?