[plug] SCSI device rescan...

Scott, Simon simon.scott at sealcorp.com.au
Fri Aug 18 13:46:54 WST 2000

from memory you have to echo something into one of the /proc files

Check the doco on SANE (if you have it handy), I think it mentions how to
get linux to connect to a scsi scanner if you bootup with it switched off.

"To define recursion, we must first define recursion."
>  Simon Scott
>  DBA
>  Sealcorp Holdings Limited
>  Perth, WA
>  e-mail:  simon.scott at sealcorp.com.au
>  phone:  08 9265 5648
>               0438 917 845
>

> Is there any "nice" way under Linux to rescan the SCSI bus?
> ie; Stick on/take
> off SCSI devices and rescan the SCSI bus without needing to reboot.
>
> I've done it before by unloading/reloading the kernel module
> for a SCSI driver,
> but this one is not a module, but compiled in...
>
> --
> . Trevor Phillips             -
> http://jurai.murdoch.edu.au/ .
> : CWIS Systems Administrator
>    -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
> | IT Services                       -               Murdoch
> University |
>  >------------------- Member of the #SAS# & #CFC#
> --------------------<
> | On nights such as this, evil deeds are done. And good
> deeds, of     /
> | course. But mostly evil, on the whole.                             /
>  \      -- (Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters)                          /

                                     IMPORTANT INFORMATION

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and should be read only by those
persons to whom it is addressed.
If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by way of reply. Please
also destroy and delete the message from your computer. Any unauthorised form of reproduction
of this message is strictly prohibited.

It is the duty of the recipient to virus scan and otherwise test the information provided before
SEALCORP does not warrant that the information is free of a virus or any other defect or error.

SEALCORP is not liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in
this communication, nor for any delay in its receipt.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender
specifically states them to be the views of SEALCORP.