[plug] Connecting a mobile

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Sun Aug 20 23:35:53 WST 2000

On Sun, 20 Aug 2000, Jonathon Bates wrote:

> laptop + nokia 7110 (doze) ---> home machine (perm RH 6.2 gw) + nokia 3210

See www.gnokii.org for Linux Nokia interface software.

I don't know if the 3210 is supported though, considering it is very
difficult to get a cable for one.

Also, the gnokii project has only just got data connections working.

> So in essence what im asking is:
> How do I have my linux box aknowledge a nokia phone conection and then how
> do I get it accept a connection?

As you suggested in your next email mgetty will do the trick, but you will
need to get something like gnokii working first, because the nokia phones
don't just support the AT command set directly.

 - Matt(running 2 SMS gateways using gnokii and 5110's)