[plug] policy issue - need to restart computers

Hasleby Mike hasm at ljbc.wa.edu.au
Mon Aug 21 11:40:09 WST 2000

> Thanks for everyone's suggestions(all have been taken on board) and help.
> Winkick by Ray Krugger looks pretty much spot on for what we want.  It's a
> straight dos command line with switches to:

/shutdown                  =Shut down the system
/forceshutdown          =Force the shutdown, kill any open applications
/reboot                      =Reboot the system completely
/forcereboot              =Force the reboot, kill any open applications
/logoff                      =Log off current user
/forcelogoff              =Force the log off and kill any open applications
/restart                    =Restart Windows only, cannot be forced

The log off is the option most likely to suit our needs

Thanks again
Mike