[plug] Routing

Steve Grasso steveg at calm.wa.gov.au
Tue Aug 22 11:29:30 WST 2000

> The 8th edition of the Concise Oxford Dictionary, shows the
> pronunciation of route, as being rute, and, in military usage, rowt.
[snipped to limit childish snickering]

The development of Internet protocols were supported by the Advanced
Research Projects Agency at the behest of the US Defence Forces,
which are kind of military in their world-view and pronunciation of
words. I guess they would have called the little connect-um-up box thingies
rowters, if indeed they had a name back then (I don't remember, I was barely
in kindergarten - pronounced kin-der-gaar-ten).

:-P
Steve